AXA Startup Angel on Heart Network, Capital Network & Radio X, May-June 2021 – Specific Rules.
1. The AXA Startup Angel promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from 17th May 2021 to 20th June 2021 (see 11 below for further details) and shall run on the Heart Network, the Capital Network & Radio X.
2. Global is the Promoter. The ‘Promotion Partner’ mentioned in these Specific Rules is AXA Insurance UK plc (registered company number: 00078950) whose address is 20 Gracechurch Street, London, United Kingdom, EC3V 0BG ("AXA").
3. In these Specific Rules, “we”, “us”, and “our” mean Global. Both Global and AXA are ‘Prize Providers’ in respect of the Promotion (details below).
4. IMPORTANT: The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions, these Specific Rules shall prevail.
Details of the Promotion:
5. To enter the Promotion, you must:
a) Go online to the Promotion entry page at heart.co.uk/win, capitalfm.com/win or radiox.co.uk/win and register your details;
b) Submit answers to each of the 3 questions asked (maximum 300 words per answer) regarding your business idea.
- The first question will ask you to explain your business idea;
- The second will ask you to explain your target market and the problem that your business idea will solve; and
- The third question will ask for a financial plan for the business, as well as how you would plan to spend the £25,000 prize money if selected as a winner; and
c) Upload a video which should excite the judges about your business ideas.
6. Both your answers to the 3 questions and the video constitute the "Submission" in the Promotion Terms and Conditions.
7. Your video must be submitted in .mp4 or .mov digital format with a maximum file size of 200MB and be no longer than 2 minutes in duration. A video with a larger file size or which is longer in duration than this will be removed from the Promotion and entry refused.
8. Your Submission will be judged by a panel of judges including one independent judge based on the following criteria:
a) You tell a clear and compelling story which inspires the judges;
b) You display drive, passion & excitement for the business idea and tell a great story about your start up business and show that you would be a good ambassador for the AXA Startup Angel campaign and for AXA; and
c) You demonstrate a clear understanding of:
- Your target market;
- Where your product or service will be positioned; and
- The problem that your product or service solves or the solution it provides; and
d) That you demonstrate that you have a clear, viable finance plan for your business idea, together with a good understanding of how to market the business. Your Submission must also clearly account for how and over what period you intend to spend the £25,000 prize money.
9. Submissions deemed by us to be rude, offensive, defamatory, illegal or condoning dangerous behaviour will be removed from the Promotion.
10. You must submit an entry on the understanding that as a winner of the competition, you will be expected to enter a mutually beneficial long-term business relationship with AXA, acting as an ambassador for the Startup Angel campaign for a 12-month period from 20th June 2021. This will mean that interviews, filming or other recording would take place at mutually agreed times and places.
11. Online entry will open at 00:01 on 17th May 2021 and close at 23:59 on 20th June 2021. Entries received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion.
12. All eligible Submissions will be initially checked for eligibility and then reviewed by the judges against the criteria outlined above.
a) The Submissions will first be reduced to a shortlist of 30 by an independent judge alone;
b) Then reduced down further to 20 by a panel made up of AXA and Global representatives along with the independent judge;
c) And finally a further panel additionally including the AXA Startup Angels will select two entries as winning entries.
13. The winners will be contacted by a Global representative via telephone on the number provided during the entry process. If a winner does not respond within 48 hours from being contacted, they will forfeit their right to the Prize and we shall be entitled to select another winner from the original list of entries.
14. By submitting your Submission to this Promotion, you confirm that you have obtained the consent of all individuals that feature in your Submission (in the case of children under the age of 18, you have obtained the
consent of the child’s parent/guardian) and agree to notify us immediately if their consent is withdrawn at any time.
15. We and AXA may publish and publicise your submission, name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your Submission, and we may refer to your and any applicable third party’s (for example anyone included in the submission) association with the Promotion and/or the Prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
16. In relation to the winners you understand that we and AXA may: (i) interview you and your guest(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s) in connection with the Promotion, either by telephone, video call or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
17. The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over, and who are based in the UK at the time of entry.
18. The business idea described in the Submission should not already be registered or be actively trading in the UK.
19. The business idea described in the Submission should be an original idea and not a copy of a business that already exists.
20. The business idea described in the Submission should not rely on ideas or concepts trademarked by an existing UK business, use protected marks or infringe copyright in any way.
21. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Promotion.
22. By entering this Promotion, you warrant that you have not been declared bankrupt in the UK within the last 10 years and that you do not hold a criminal record for an offence committed in the last 5 years. Any subsequent discovery of either a bankruptcy charge or a criminal offence will mean you will forfeit your right to claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the Prize and select another winner, as applicable.
23. Two winning entrants will each receive the Prize which consists of:
a) £25,000 specifically to fund the startup of your business idea in line with the financial plan;
b) A package of business mentoring by one or more of the AXA Startup Angels. This will consist of a minimum of two, 30-minute pre-scheduled in-person or digitally-delivered advice sessions on mutually agreeable dates in 2021; and
c) Twelve months of Business Insurance. AXA will undertake a review of the business’ insurance needs and will cover the cost of 12 months’ worth of premium to the Winner. The cover will only be in respect of Property and/or Liability insurance (Motor is excluded), and should be taken out through AXA directly or if advised by AXA, through an AXA nominated intermediary.
24. We will endeavour to transfer the prize money to your bank account within 28 days but are not responsible for any delays. The prize money will be paid into a business account set up by each winner specifically for the purpose of starting the business and must not be used for personal expenditure. Each winner will be responsible for providing the correct information to allow transfer of the prize money.
25. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the Prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of each winner. By way of example, without limitation, provision of licences or permits required for your business to operate, business rates or staff costs are not included within the Prize.
26. Each winner will be responsible for, and will account to the appropriate authorities for, all tax liabilities or similar contributions payable in respect of the Prize. Global and AXA accept no responsibility for any such tax liabilities.
27. The Prize is non-transferable.
28. We reserve the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
29. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
30. Your personal data, and the personal data of any guest(s) that you or they provide to us, will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited and Quidem Limited) and AXA, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
31. We may hold your personal data for a period of 2 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
33. We, the Promotion Partners and the Prize Providers will not transfer or process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion.
35. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
36. If you are required to submit a guest(s) personal data to enter a Promotion, you must ensure that your guest(s) have given you consent to provide us with their personal data.